Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex1

Freshwater Shrimp

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can buy freshwater shrimp up there? Myself and two buddies are heading up for the day on Saturday and would like to get ahold of some. Never seen it the bait shops before. Anyheads up would be appreciated greatly . Thanks all grin.gif

Can't think of the resort name but the outfit that runs out of St. Albans bay near Seguchie point sold me some shrimp last winter. Never got a bite on 'em but it was a new bait for me and I'm sure I wans't using them properly.

Are the shrimp that the perch are biting on really shrimp or mayfly larvae. I've seen perch cough these up before and suspected they maybe mayflies

Vado's in Spring Lake park has emmmm....plus they have shiners.

Give Tutts a call....for some reason I thought I may have seen them there in one of the coolers in the back. Maybe it was just different size lava.....but worth a call if thats what your looking for.

As of Thursday last week the guy at vados said they won't get anymore shiners.Was he razzing me?When we got up to Pine river the guys up there had plenty of shiners.hmmm?c63 I called vados tonight and got a recording...I'll stop by there tomorrow after work.c63