Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Big Jeff

Thinking about White Bear tonight?

Big Jeff

Didn't seen any reports of the bear latly, I was thinking of heading out around Ramsey beach tonight. Are trucks driving out? Any luck fished there two weeks ago and got skunked twice. And thing biting or depths they are holding in? Thanks

rippingsomelips

fish the flats for walleyes and fish by the vfw for crappies

Big Jeff

Hows the ice, last I was out it vaired a lot, anywhere from 6 good inches to 10 good inches, some spots had lost of crappy white ice.

rippingsomelips

it varies havnt been out in a week so i really cant help you on that question

funbilly

I gave up on the ramsey side. I've been out there the last 3 weeks and nothing. I fished from around the Island to the rocks and nothing. Not even a blip on the flasher and covered depths from 16-28. Time to rethink my stratagies.

Big Jeff

I did well on the 8th and I have been skunked the last two times after that but it is similar conditions to my last good night out there so I thought I might try one more time.

POUNDPANNIES

i was out the last 2 nights on the bear, last night i was in 30 fow on the bottom edge of reef and got about 10 decent perch and 4 walleye's lost one pig at the hole (6lbs maybe), tonight i fished in about 20 fow same area on a bench that comes from about 30 fow, ended up with 3 15 inchers, 1 on a tip up the other 2 came on a 3 inch salmo perch color tipped with a minnow head, is it just me or is there ALOT of perch in this lake, i have fished this lake about 20 times this winter and about 15 different areas, bottom, depth, structure. everytime i drop the camera all i see is 5 inch perch. tonight i was seeing alot of very small perch 2 inchers maybe and alot of some kind of minnow they looked like big crappie minnows,i am surprised to catch a fish with all that forage down there.

mattkimk

Do you ever look in the stomachs of the eyes you all catch? Caught one just under 20" that has about 20 baby blue gills in its gut. Biggest was about 2-3 inches, smallest the size of my thumb nail. I would think being by the small forage is not so bad.

mattkimk

What time are getting the eyes? I have been getting mine right at sunset. Tried waiting it out until later but left at about 730 after not seeing a thing for almost 2 hours.

LuckyNorm07

How much ice are you guys finding? i havent been out in like 2 weeks and wondering if there are trucks driving out on white bear?

Big Jeff

Drove out last night found 16 inchs in all three places I drilled, We had one eye and nothing else. We fished shallow for a change, you know every time is an experiment. About 12-14 and there where fish moving through on the Vex but not biting at all, no attention or anything. Later around 10pm one eye on a fathead and moon glow jig. POUNDPANNIES welocme to the site and thanks for the report. What part of the lake are you fishing? We where out of Ramsey. Not the best night but no skunk! Good luck out there!

rippingsomelips

try fishing by manitou island in about 28 to 30 feet of water if you want to catch walleyes or try fishing by the flats in about 30 or so also use different presentations when fishing for walleyes

South_Metro_Slayer

all my walleyes this winter in the city have had small sunnies in them, well maybe a couple didnt but anyway the last couple years fishin the metro lakes ive been catchin walleyes in summer 4-7 feet deep one night i went out alone on a metro lake i caught walleye after walleye literally got my limit and almost ran out of bait my buddy didnt beleive me we went out the next day same spot slaughtered them 5 feet to 7 it was like july we couldnt beleive it so lately ive been trying to stay on the shallow side of the drop offs fishin for metro eyes. i think alot of these eyes in the metro just react differ=ent because of the bait fish and forage provided in the lakes arnt like the lakes up north but thats just my opinion and im only 25 what do i know

POUNDPANNIES

thanks big jeff, i do most my fishing on the east side of the lake, i try to avoid the crowds, was out again last night with a couple buddies we ended up with 4 eyes 15-17 inches lost one other, the bite comes fast and furious from about 430 to about 545, i have tried to fish it later but nothing, not even a mark on the vex. i think if i was more shallow i could get them later but i like to catch them as they stage up before they hit the reef's.

Big Jeff

Hey PP I am heading north this weekend but I hope to get out agin next week, may be can hook up and catch some fish. Are you heading out next week? Any ways goodluck to all on the ice this weekend!