Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rssheik29

new to the area, help would be appreciated!

3 posts in this topic

We are looking at heading to the Alexandria area for a weekend of fishing around the 17th of Feb. Can anyone give me any information on any lakes that would be good to hit. I know thats a ways out there but we are just trying to get an idea of where we can keep an eye on or plan to land. We usually head to Mille Lacs that week but have not heard really good reports, so we decided to give a new area a try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lots of opportunities in the area. The chain should still have good ice going, and later season can be great for crappies and panfish. Miltona and Mary offer big lake opportunity that may make you feel like Mille Lacs. Set up on a break just off the flats for morning and evening walleyes. Keep an eye on this forum, I'm sure you'll get more details as that date approaches.

thanks for the quick reply, will keep this message and bring it when we head to that area. Not at all familiar with alex area so I will need it to make any sense of this along with the lake finder GPS.