Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwhawkridge

Lake Crystal

5 posts in this topic

I hear that there's been marble eyes biting in the in Lake Crystal area recently. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? I was out to Loon Lake in Dec and didn't even get a hint of a bite so I'm wondering if it's worth it to head out there. If there's panfish biting I'd take that too....

I had my house on loon early and did good - moved it to Crystal for 3 nights about 2 weeks ago and only landed 1 fish. When they bite, its a good lake - every day is different out there though. Not much for panfish in the lake - some crappies once and awhile. I did talk to one person who was doing good on the lake, I just don't know where to go. Does anyone know where the aerator is on that lake?

Both Loon and Lake Crystal can be fantastic 'eye lakes at the right time. I have done really well out there this year but have learned that the people who fish these lakes tend to be really "quiet" about the bite. The crappies in these two lakes are really impressive as well.

The panfish in those lakes are decent??? I've heard there's no panfish in there. I may have to interrogate my source for more information.....

If anyone wants to share information on these lakes please let me know, my email will be at the bottom so your info isn't on the public forum (if you don't want the info out for EVERYONE). I'm planning on taking the girlfriend out this week and would really like to get some 'eyes, even in they're small. I'd be happy with them for myself too, haven't landed on 'eye this winter yet. Heck, I would take some decent crappies for her. Any advices/tips about Crystal or Loon would be AWESOME. jwhawkridge @ gmail.com

Both lakes are basically bowls with some structure here and there. Look for the ice-houses and you'll find where the structure is. My advise would be to get away from the crowds and drill some holes---lot's of holes if needed and stay mobile. This cold-snap may not be the best time for doing this but this week-end would be a great time to get out there and learn the lake. Once you find some active fish try and be as quiet as you can--both lakes are fairly shallow and it does make a big difference. As far as the pannies go, lot's of crappies and very few sunfish/bluegill.