Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

GrantoftheLake    0
GrantoftheLake

I've been reading this forum since November and I don't see alot of posts, if any , about this lake. I live on Clear and fished it a couple times this year with a little success, best being last weekend. 4 perch, 1 crappie, 1 sunny and 2 bass in 2 hours. Not the greatest but fun just to be able to walk out and catch fish. But as I look out my window and count houses, ports and wheelers, 60-70

and it's been this way since the ice firmed up. What kind of luck are people having with all these houses out here?

BK19    0
BK19

i have been there twice the first time i caught a few really small sunnies straight out of the landing but tuesday we went there to the right of the landing in between the 2 groups of hosues in 14 foot and took home 4 nice sized sunnies they quit biting at 5:30 PM i got there at 4 or so

raymondk    0
raymondk

If you were fishing in between the group of houses you were not fishing far enough out get in 16 feet of water away from the other houses also the best fishing has been in the mornings they seem to shut downabout 2 pm and start to bite again about at 4. I have been having really good luck also the sunnies are also nice sizedI haved fished the same area all winter also if you catch a bullhead you are in the same spot as the large sunnies.

BK19    0
BK19

i was away from the other houses didnt see the 16 foot where exactly would that be thanks

slimer    0
slimer

How do the fish taste out of there? Fished there a few years ago in the summer and ended up throwing all the fish away i cooked after i tried the first one. Havent been back since, drove by there a few times in the summer and the smell alone made me not want to fish it anymore.

BK19    0
BK19

they taste fine to me in the winter i have never fished there in the summer

Team Otter    0
Team Otter

If you ever drive by the lake in late or July or August, you'd probably never fish it.

PHEW!

slimer    0
slimer

Yeah its nasty. Looks like antifreeze floating in the water.lol

Scott M    3
Scott M

An FM friend did pretty good out there. Decent bluegills I guess.

GrantoftheLake    0
GrantoftheLake

Yes it does get a little stinky but it has improved the past 3-4 years. The algae bloom does not seem to last as long as it used to. For many years I couldn't even have my windows open when the wind was coming from the SW. sick.gif

Bigeye30"    0
Bigeye30"

This wouldn't be Kelly by Chance?

DTro    3
DTro

I was out there about a week ago and would've like to get away from the crowd, but that wasn't possible unless you were up fishing on the highway.

I couldn't believe how many houses were out there on a couple hundred acre lake \:o

GrantoftheLake    0
GrantoftheLake

Nope.

Team Otter    0
Team Otter

What's "a lot stinky" if that's a "little stinky"? I swear I had the dry heaves going by there a few times last summer.

Willy    0
Willy

Yuck is right. It turns to green paint all summer. They need to stop the runoff and cow [PoorWordUsage] going in there on a constant basis. If it were up to me, they would drain the lake and start over.

There are nice sunfish in there, but those houses seem like they're out there every year whether they're catching them or not.

If I was going to fish out there, I would be on the other side of the lake. ;\)

2 DA GILLS    0
2 DA GILLS

I have always thought about trying this lake based on the lake survey data and the stated bluegill size. Sounds like I may just save the gas and skip this lake.

If it has the potential for some real large gills, it may be worth it for strictly catch and release.

Sad thing is that I have not even wet a line so far this hard water season.

Katoman    0
Katoman

I was at the lake numerous times last summer. It was nasty and probably downright deadly. I have seen some "algae" blooms but this was really bad. The smell was enough to gag you and when I walked down to the water it had the look of green jello. Its a open sewer.

raymondk    0
raymondk

i have kept a few for 2 small meals so far this year they taste great I will not keep any in the summer time i won't even fish it in the summer . there is some real nice sunnies in there . I have caught them up 3/4 pound .

GrantoftheLake    0
GrantoftheLake

I guess after living there 17+ years you get used to it. crazy.gif

Katoman    0
Katoman

I understand they redid the sewer from the campground that was virtually dumping unabated. I don't know how long ago that was put in.

Scott K    28
Scott K

They redid the septic system when the new owners bought the place, must have been 5-7 years ago. The old owners have been known to hook a sump pump into the septic tank and pump it straight into the lake. MMMM! He got busted a few times for it also! But a small fine compared to $15k for a new septic, he choose the small fine!

Joe28    0
Joe28

Is it just me or does anybody else think this lake cannot stand this much fishing pressure much longer? The amount of people on a lake of that size is ridiculous. I think the sunnies are getting thinned out quickly.

Team Otter    0
Team Otter

Joe2,

I'm guessing that eventually the pressure will take it's toll but who knows when. I've been in this area for ~9 years and it's been like that nearly every year.