Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minnesotamusky

Lake Benton

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been out fishing on Lake Benton lately? Was thinking about going out there on Monday or Tuesday and trying by Stoney Point.

Lonewolf,

I have no idea if anyone is fishing or catching fish on Benton. I drove by Stoney tonight on the way home (Monday night) and noticed some thin ice signs in a few spots north of the east boat launch. Can anyone tell me what these signs area there for? I've heard that someone is netting out bullheads. I just don't want to go out and drop my truck in or anyone else to either.

Other than that I don't know if anyone is catching fish. I'd like to know also. Thanks

fishing4fun,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll find a different place to go fishing today. Thanks again.

they were fishing bullheads with nets out on Shaokatan a couple years back and a few years prior to that and they do put the signs in the ice. They have to cut a big enough hole in the ice to pull hoop nets out so it is pretty iffy around those signs. Usually you can see where they cut though. Actually, last Monday or Tuesday I was driving through LB and saw them out in the bay by town pulling nets. So, I know they are out there just not sure if the signs your seeing over there are for bullheads or if its actually bad ice.