Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tednugefan

turtle lake

8 posts in this topic

anybody been out there lately. where and how is the northern and crappie bite going there

I was on turtle last week. went out to get a fishing fix not expecting much. Figured it would be a sun down bite but was surprised to get half dozen crappies at 2 in the afternooon. They were big enough to keep, though I did let em go back to their families.

I might even venture over there this afternoon when the wind settles down and the wind chill is only 20 below. It ought to be a beautifull sun set. Mabey I'll even catch a crappie.

where do you usually fish on turtle lake in the winter ive been there in summer but not in the winter

I also go there quite a bit in the summer but have never fished it in the winter. I plan to try it at least once this winter.

I typically head for the deeper water. That was 28 feet. two holes in the lake and on the map shows some interesting structure. I have ran the lake with my boat and never noticed the structure the map shows.

I used to fish the lake in the summer in front of the happy face \:\) when it was there. Mabey some older fisherman will remember it.

I see this winter houses in that area and can figure they are sight fishing the weeds. The water being clear makes sence.

I plan to venture over later this afternoon.

Crappie Todd, you ever fish it again? im thinkin of fishin it tomorrow....is it worth it?

I was out saturday from 3:30 to 5:30. crappies were smack dab on the bottom. I used my new FL-20 for the 1st time and normally the crappies would be suspended. saturday they were right on the bottom and the FL-20 made difference in seeing them.

The size was smaller than last time out. But the weather may have had somthing to so with it.

I went out to play with the FL-20. it convinced me it is a pretty good unit.

Id keep picking on the lake.

Any luck with Pike on the lake?\

By the way tednugefan, you gotta love Uncle Ted. Nice handle.