Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark1:17

Whats Working on Lake Waconia

11 posts in this topic

I just moved to the Waconia area and want to try some spots with my portable this weekend. Has anyone had any luck with panfish on Lake Waconia over the past couple of weeks? Thanks for your help!

Between myself and the gf we caught about 45 nice sized sunnies, and a few perch last weekend.

We were in the bay in 7-10' using waxies. We were able to see the bottom of the lake easily with our portable.

The weekend before we used a huge sucker on a tip up to attract perch, we caught a dozen really nice ones.

GL

i seen there is alot of houses on the east side of the lake, like every year.

is that eye country over there?

The guys at the marina have been swearing up and down about Cemetery reef (south-east of the island) I haven't gotten to try yet.

Quote:
The guys at the marina have been swearing up and down about Cemetery reef (south-east of the island) I haven't gotten to try yet.

We may have suggested Cemetery Reef as an area to get away from the crowds, but we haven't been swearing up and down about this reef. Compared to most years, Cemetery has been VERY disappointing. For the past week, there hasn't been a single permanent house in that area. Unless you want to get away from everyone, there are better areas to try.

Jimmy

My bad! Then tell us where they're at!! \:D

Originally Posted By: TiNK3R

Yea cemetery reef does not have the weeds it did, like last year and we all know weeds on this lake hold panfish. Find a spot where the milfoil is realy thick and find a pocket or a weedline to set up. I have been using waxis or plastics to catch these panfish mostly sunfish that is.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
i seen there is alot of houses on the east side of the lake, like every year.

is that eye country over there?

Yea there are alot of houses on the lake period. This is not technicaly walleye country but if you fish them right you can pick a few up here and there. There are more then just this spot on the lake where you can catch eyes. You just have to know how to fish them and put your time in to find these elusive walleyes.

Is anybody finding crappies suspended in Wageners Bay in the 25' hole?

Have you guys at the Marina heard any good reports on panfish from Pillsbury reef? How deep is the weedline this time of year?

Mark,

was there (the hole) a couple weeks ago for about two weeks and have moved on since. That should tell you something! ;\)