Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lunchbox21

Panfish?

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a lake where a guy could go to catch some panfish during the day. i went out to duck yesterday from 1-6pm and they didnt start biting till about 5. I know the best fishing is early morning and late day but i was just wondering where someone could go to catch fish during the day also. my brother is coming with this weekend and has never ice fished so i just want to put him on some fish no matter what size they are. any suggestions would help thanks.

Lunchbox21,

You should try aheading out to Green Lake in Forest Lake area right off hwy 8. Lots of fun there, you'll caught crappies/sunnies all day long. There a bait shop on 8 that opens up at 6 a.m they may be able to give you more info. Good luck, have fun.

I was thinking of a lake a little closer to mankato, i've also tried Francis and german. I might give german a try.

Madison is worth taking a stab at too.

are people catching some crappies out on the narrows? i fished madison a lot this past year but never ice fished. where would a guy want to set up at?

In 26 - 32' of water E of The Narrows.

I have had a few buddies that have been fishing Bakers bay as of late and doing fairly well. Even some bigger crappies in the deeper water suspended.

Before venturing out, don't forget to take a look at our selection of tackle, gear and other accessories in the Outdoor Pro Store.