Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Stein

Straight Lake

8 posts in this topic

Anyone fish straight lake?

guess not. looks like you got the hole lake to yourself. Happy hunting \:\)

actually dont ice fish the lake we stay at Breezy Point in the summer and was just seein if ppl ice fish it but i guess not

Maybe they're too busy fishing to get online.

I fished Straight Lake a couple winters ago and just caught, throw backs. I have a friend that has a cabin there and says he does petty fair in the summer.

I haven't fished it since early Nov. It was good then. I was hoping to get out this winter but been too busy.

GF has a cabin up on this lake, When we've gone out in 2007, which was 3 occasions we were able to catch 30 large(7-8") gils / sunfish each time. This was during the summer.

We went towards the end of fall and we caught 1 northern 12" long and that was it, the neighbors said the lake was turning over.

I also heard when I spoke w/ my GF's dad his neighbor was able to reel in a 20"~ walleye right by there house.

GL.

Yeah when a lake turns over it is hard to catch those panfish that are in shallow.... kind of neutralizes them, or they head for deeper water. Also 7-8" bluegills are okay size for eating, kinda on the small side on IMO, but congrats on your catches.