Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
pumper317

febuary perch jerkin'

pumper317

Hello all,

I want some information for a fishing trip i am planning right now. I am heading up to the big pond at the end of febuary. It will be 9 of us if all show up, but not a garuntee. We are looking to catch some deep water perch, but any suggestions on that would be great. I was up there last weekend and due to this big forage of bait, we only kept 4 perch. The biggest one was full of larva of stonefly looking things.

Ok so the big question is...

The permanant rental houses up there are always hit and miss... they seem to not be able to put people over fish consistantly as far as i have seen in past trips to permanents overnight. We are looking to catch a lot of eelpout overnight. Does anyone know of any houses that are time and time better than the others? i know that pout tend to bite more this time of year due to their peak spawning is at this time, but are there any places better than the others?

Price isnt really an issue, but it is always nice to keep it under a small fortune, afterall its just one night... right?

Any input would be very much appreciated, thanks again to all...

And as always, good fishing to all

Willy

Haha, you are after em eh?

Chum em up with lots of smashed minnows. They will find you.

By the way, if you really want lots of pout, I would pick a different lake. There are plenty in Mille lacs, but not like there used to be. Leech or Winnie would probably get you more of those slimy things.

As far as perch go, I usually like to fish the mud transitions off of whatever structure you are fishing. Find the bottom of the break and follow it till you find mud bottom and you should find some. Also, off the edges of mud flats is a good place to find some.

pumper317

Thanks willy,

I would go up to winnie or leech, i grew up in grand rapids so i have fished them a lot. But for one night it is a little too far of a jont. I will try the smashed minnow thing, maybe that will work a little better. I was up there last weekend and we got one 15 incher, smallest pout i have ever seen!

wingnut38

smashing minnows and chumming is illegal in minnesota. don't ask me why. i'm sure a lot of people get away with it as i don't think the dnr is out looking for chummers. plus it would be pretty hard to prove. just thought i would give you a heads up though. have fun.

Team Otter

pumper317,

I can help get you headed in the right direction for a February "perch [PoorWordUsage]".

Send me an e-mail when you have a chance.

info@tightlinesguiding.com

AceintheHole

Thats the dumbest rule i have ever head of

pumper317

i would agree to that rule being stupid, but i will remember to follow that... i guess fishing the old fashioned way will have to do the trick... Darn. Thanks for the heads up.

dirtyd

...BUMP!

I will be in Pumper's party in late February...would like more information on structure and baits while targeting those perch.