• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Martin Skoula

mnwild

I haven't been watching too many game lately been pretty busy at night. But I did catch the 3rd period of last nights game and I noticed everytime Skoula touched the puck the crowd boo'd him, do the fans hate this guy that bad?? Also I think that is the 1st time in Wild history the fans actually don't like a player on the roster.

Poor Skoula. Unfortunately he's had a slight tendency to screw up late in the 3rd period. I think he's single-handedly lost like 3-4 games by mis-handling the puck around his own net. He's also got the worst plus/minus on the team. Some things can be a fluke, but he's lowest by quite a few.

Personally I tense up a bit when I see him handling the puck around our own goal.

Seen him last night try to make a pass out of his own end and fanned on it and it almost cost them. Lots of turnovers. He stepped up his play toward the end of the year which made the Wild give him a 2yr deal.

He is terrible, he must have naked pictures of Lemaire or something. I don't know if the crowd was booing him or not, but it was a subject of conversation around our section last night. He was a healthy scratch for 4 games about 10 days ago, he looked better right away but he's back to being very tentative and unsure as to what to do once he gets the puck. There has got to be another option. The other thing I couldn't believe is WHEN he was out there, penalty kill, 4 on 4, overtime ect.

A week or so ago, the fans applauded very loudly when it was announced that he was a late scratch. He makes me nervous as well.

Yeah- I don't get it w/ him either. The LAST place he should be is out there on the PK. The puck is like poison when it touches his stick. Bad things happen and everyone sees it/knows it. I don't understand the lovefest w/ him and Lemaire at all.

lol

I agree with all of you! I shouldn't feel so nervous when he has the puck and its a simple breakout out of our own zone!

He is very durable as a defenseman (I think only 2 missed games in like 5 yrs) and he has a stanley cup championsship for experience, but I didn't like the deal when he came from Dallas and I don't really love him now.

Now if we could only get Kim Johhnson to score more.

Most over-rated Defenseman (when we acquired him, now we all know it was a mistake) in the league. 4.5 mil/year. Based on what??