Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daddyducker

DOES NOBODY FISH??? Sportland?!

18 posts in this topic

It seems that nobody fishes Lower Cullen anymore.

I guess that's good in ways but I would really like some info about what's happening out there this year.

I'm in the St' Cloud area and don't make it up that way very often, but I want to get up and give it a whirl.

It's one of my favorite lakes...everyone has 'em!

Somebody drive by the d*mn thing and let me know what is happening, better yet, get out there for a day and check it out for me.. HA HA!

Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks!

Unbelievable...someone go find me a spot so I can just go catch them... I guess it's not so unbelievable these days.

Pay alittle more attention to what you read guy!

That was all sarcasium. I have no trouble finding my own spots or fish. I was mearly looking for some info on the lake as of late!

If you have nothing nice to add...!

not to mention I have posted a couple of times this year about the lake and no replies.

maybe I should take that as a hint and just do it regardless of ice condition!

Our ice conditions are pretty good all over. I haven't been out there myself and was hoping someone would reply with first hand experience. But I have heard a couple of reports. Sound like they are getting a few crappies not a lot but a few. A few pike too. I think with the walleyes still plugging away on Gull thats where most anglers have been. Usually when the walleyes shut down they switch over to crappies. I'm guessing that'll happen real soon. You'll start to read more crappie reports in the next couple of weeks.

Jason Erlandson

Sometimes it's hard to "read" sarcasm. It sounded rude when I read it too. Now days with people asking for GPS coodinates to hot spots and all,,,,,,

I took it as sarcasim but it usually doesn't translate well over the computer......but I noticed he had asked about this lake a little while back and there never is a reply.....but I took that as I should check this lake out as nobody wants to talk about a hotbite while it is happening right!! Good Luck this weekend...I will be searhcing for crappies from 6 to Gull this weekend on some of the local lakes......

I read it for what it was... sarcasm. I thought it was loud and clear. Daddyducker helped me out with information that helped me catch fish last summer and I'd be glad to help if I knew anything. But I don't know squat... sorry.

some times new guys are just here to be dinks forget boutit i dont know anything bout the lake either sorry but theres always someone out there to starts [PoorWordUsage] good luck

Not trying to start anything guys, I'm just old school I guess, when I go fishing I just grab my stuff and go see what I can find. When reading all the posts on various sites it just seems that people want exact locations and details etc. If you have lived in this area all of your life and have seen the growth you would understand more.

Good Luck.

Lunger...sorry I blew up.

I was coming back with sarcasm as well as the original post.

If I was mad/rude to someone on here, they would probably just have to boot me off of the site completely.

I hear what you are saying about the area and sometimes I feel the same way about people wanting you to hold their hand and almost punch their holes for them, but I have to keep in mind that most every one on here asking about info, has at the least fished the area, maybe not the perticular lake but the area.

It's American nature; to get as much as possible for free.

And just so I am clear with everyone else...if I have any info that is beneficial, I will give it. I may not give you my honey hole but I will give you tips and safety type info.

Daddyducker, I got out there yesterday and did pretty good. The fish were 2 to 3 to a lb. Nothing to brag about but iced enough keepers for a meal and tossed some back.

Duck

Hey that's awesome.

I made it out this past Sat. morning and it was tough.

I found them, read them but couldn't hardly buy one.

Glad to see that the ice is good enough to drive on.

It looks like maybe a full sized truck could make it out but there is about 4 in. of white ice on top from the slush.

Everything below that though is good.

I might have been off the "spot" abit but the fish weren't hitting anything real good.

The key seemed to be "if they would chase they would usually hit.

I picked up 3 in about 2-2 1/2 hrs.

Don't know about you DUCKJ, but they were anywhere from 6 to 15' off the bottom.

The ones further up was all that I could entice.

Good luck!!

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner daddyducker,

The fish we were catching were from 16 to 20ft up.(also graphed fish lower, but like you said. hard to get them to eat)

Heading back out tomarrow aftrenoon/eve to give it try again. Havnt been out since my last post so I dont know if they are still going or not.

Ill post a report when I get home. If yur going to be out there look for a black expodition.

Duck

Crappies are still there.

Iced aorox 30 and kept 16 for dinner.

Duck

you fishing that 40' area?

any size... the bigger ones, or are they the norm of 9"?

haven't been there except the one time and don't know if I am able to make it back up this year, but it's sure good to here what's going on.

cut me an e-mail...I would like to extend you some more precise locations out there. daddyducker@yahoo.com

dd, ewe got mail.

Duck

so do you!!