Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OtdrNut80

Little Carnelian?

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever fished this lake? I have never even driven by it, but was reasearching lakes in Washingotn County on the DNR page and saw that it has some decent depth to it. Is there even a way to get onto it? If there is anyone with any information please feel free to chime in. I was just looking for some new waters to explore. Thanks in advance!

Fishing is pretty solid there. Lots of Big Bass and Crappies. This is probly a result of how big of a pain it is to get there though. As far as I know you have to park in this little town park, and then hike about a half mile to get to the lake. Me and a friend did it with a cannoe once this summer. With a small portable, it might not be that bad in the winter.

Thank You, I appreciate the information.

Its a long trek. Especially coming back. All up hill. The decent fishing seems to be on the opposite side of the lake from the access so that adds to the journey. We caught decent numbers of crappies but nothing of any size.

Yep, that long access means you'll have the lake to yourself most days, I suspect. I've fished it a couple of times in the canoe & on the ice - it's a good little lake & we've had some luck, but I go back there when I want solitude more than good fishing!

so if i guy is willing to walk it, where do you park and where do you guys walk-on at, isn't it surrounded by private property?

Good question. There's a park on the southeastern corner of the lake, Stillwater Township Park. I'm looking at the map & can't really see where we went in - I recall getting confused every time we've been out there. There's a tiny lot just off one of the back roads, I'm pretty sure it was off of Pentfield Ave, just where it turns west & into 113 St N. Last year when we were out in the canoe we had to stop & ask a friendly local walking their dog 'cause we couldn't find the place. From there there's almost a portage trail that goes down towards the lake through the woods.

Decent pike tip up lake, decent crappies. Fun bass lake with a canoe. Gotta work to get in, which keeps the fishing pressure down. Most structure is on the opposite end of the park. Decent water clarity.