Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Minnewaskta---Carver

33 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been out. Thinking of getting out there to chase a few pike. Wondering how water is for clarity.

Any information would be great. Thanks

minneswaska or minnewashta

i always get them confused?!?!

i heard there is a minnewaska but i dont know where it is...

if you are talking minnewashta, the pike bite is always good in the morning till about 1pm along the weedlines with big shiners and tipups.

the slush death trapdoor ice is probally locked up by now, i was out there 3 weeks ago or so and it was freaky nuts ice!

ya im talking about the one on hwy 5. In Chanhassen

minnewashta then.yeah it is a real good pike lake

i have to get out there and try it. Im assuming its clear

Where should i go to find some pike on here? I would be walking on with a portable. Any help is appreciated!!!

im not sure. I have always wanted to spear it, but never had time to get out there even though its right next to my house. I have talked to alot of people about it, and they say out in front of the landing, or way on the south end of the lake.

you should be able to drive out by now i would think.

the lake's bays are full of weedlines, just find one and set up that place is full of pike

thanks for the help

Where is the access for this lake? Thanks!

i believe its off hwy 41

It is off of 41 in the park reserve

Thanks! Do you have to pay to enter the park?

not if you drive out. Pay to park in there.

just make sure that you drive out on the lake

what are the ice conditions out there?

I went out there and cut some holes to check the water clarity, and it was about 15 inches.

Minnewaska is in Glenwood I think. Minnewashta access is a state park access and as mentioned before, if you don't park on the ice, you'll need a day pass. I haven't been there this year, but normally there's a road from the access that goes north for a bit, then turns thru the narrows to the west. You'll see where everybody is fishing then. I wouldn't walk it - maybe lazy. I would stay on the roads...there are bad spots out there past where you'll see everybody fishing.

The park is a REGIONAL park and is part of the Carver County park district, not a state park.

i drove by there this morning, and saw a few guys out fishing, but nothing major.

anyone pulling some nice slimers from washta? Thinking about hitting it sunday

I've fished out there a few times. This season. Its day to day. Some guys get a few others say forget it and run to 'tonka. If your out there this weekend, just look for the ice house with a bunch drunks hangin around it. They seem to do pretty well.

why does that always happen. seems like people like this always gets fish. Maybe its becuase there not trying so hard.

cause they put their 22' trailer house shack out there "on" the spot and fish all the time, i think they are locals, and hang out there all time.

wish i was in their crew, looks like fun!

i have been staying away because that ice in the bay is [PoorWordUsage] until late in the year.