Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chaffmj

Sking at Lutsen 3-20

6 posts in this topic

I know you can't predict what the weather is like but in general is there good sking conditions around the 20th of March? I haven't been sking for 3 or 4 years and wanted to try again when my son is off for Easter vacation.

Thnaks,

Chaff

Will be this year. Tons of snow up there that-a-way. Should be a great ski season.

Here's a picture of the snow they got on Saturday......I'd say they will have a good spring ski this year!

CHLSnow.jpg

The snow up in the Lutsen area is great right now, and should stay that way for a long time.We have a place on Caribou Lake and measured 18 inches of fresh snow while we were up there this past weekend.

Originally Posted By: walterman
The snow up in the Lutsen area is great right now, and should stay that way for a long time.We have a place on Caribou Lake and measured 18 inches of fresh snow while we were up there this past weekend.

Where on caribou. I have a cabin out of Grand Marais and love fishing carabou. I've been looking for an access to get to the back part of the lake in the winter, so that I don't have go all around the pennisula.

reelemin, its straight across from the access in the bay. Usually we have a snowmobile or wheeler so I cannot give you an easy way to the big side of the lake.

As for fishing, we fished hard for 3 days in various places and found them in 24 ft of water on the big side. Walleyes and perch mostly with a few bass a pike. I measured 14-17 inches of ice with the top 4-6 inches being frozen slush.We did notice that after all the snow there were some new slush areas starting so I hope it doesnt get too bad.

How often do you make it up in the winter? If you are up there often we should meet up and hit the ice some weekend we are both in the area. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it up anymore until the first week of February