Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

chaffmj

I know you can't predict what the weather is like but in general is there good sking conditions around the 20th of March? I haven't been sking for 3 or 4 years and wanted to try again when my son is off for Easter vacation.

Thnaks,

Chaff

Heartman

Will be this year. Tons of snow up there that-a-way. Should be a great ski season.

Nate McVey

Here's a picture of the snow they got on Saturday......I'd say they will have a good spring ski this year!

CHLSnow.jpg

walterman

The snow up in the Lutsen area is great right now, and should stay that way for a long time.We have a place on Caribou Lake and measured 18 inches of fresh snow while we were up there this past weekend.

reelemin

Originally Posted By: walterman
The snow up in the Lutsen area is great right now, and should stay that way for a long time.We have a place on Caribou Lake and measured 18 inches of fresh snow while we were up there this past weekend.

Where on caribou. I have a cabin out of Grand Marais and love fishing carabou. I've been looking for an access to get to the back part of the lake in the winter, so that I don't have go all around the pennisula.

walterman

reelemin, its straight across from the access in the bay. Usually we have a snowmobile or wheeler so I cannot give you an easy way to the big side of the lake.

As for fishing, we fished hard for 3 days in various places and found them in 24 ft of water on the big side. Walleyes and perch mostly with a few bass a pike. I measured 14-17 inches of ice with the top 4-6 inches being frozen slush.We did notice that after all the snow there were some new slush areas starting so I hope it doesnt get too bad.

How often do you make it up in the winter? If you are up there often we should meet up and hit the ice some weekend we are both in the area. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it up anymore until the first week of February