Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BartmanMN

Rogers man passed on

9 posts in this topic

I heard a story on the news last night regarding a individual from Rogers that had his truck falls through the ice on Leech lake over the weekend. He made it out of the water, but died walking back in the cold.

Keep his family in your prayers.

RIP

I always tell myself if I fall in there is no way im not making it out and back home, but I think your body just shuts down. No matter how strong of a will you have you can't defy nature. May the Lord be with him and his family.

Scared me for a minute when I read that. My friends Dad was going ice fishing on Leech last weekend. Found the story and the names don't match up. Very unfortunate for the family that lost him

Please keep him and his family in all your prayers. Look at every time we all go out on the ice and come home safe. Life is very fragile and it can be gone in a second without any notice. God be with his family.

Something I do EVERY time I am out. Soon after I get settled into my portable, with the heat on, and all in place. I find a moment (usualy while having my cig.) to thank god for the opertunity to be here taking in all that mother nature has to offer. I am glad to be able to be there, and I know that there are so many that are not as fortunate. I pray for god to help that family to overcome their loss. I pray nobody else will find the same fate. Be carefull everyone.

I think his obit is in the paper today. Star and Trib.

Prayers to his family.

Fishsystem, you nailed that one. I will take a moment to thank the man for it all myself. R.I.P fisherman.

Just an idea, what would all you FM'ers think of getting a little fishing contest together and all proceeds going to this man's family. Again, just an idea, but we could probably get some local businesses to donate a few prizes to raffel off, charge a small fee, and see if we can get something together for the family?????? Again, just an idea, if anyone wants to get this together please let me know, this would be fishing which we do anyway, but doing it for a good reason?????? Let me know, it probably wouldnt be hard to do this.