Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wiskers

Looking for Pike

6 posts in this topic

Hey fellas, I am looking for some water where I can find a few nice pike for pickling. My pickled fish supply is gone and I would like some pointers on where would be a good area to find some. I know not a whole lot of fellas target them but if you know a good spot I sure would appreciate the tip. Perhaps Florida or Kandi? Not femilure with either lake.

i have had decent luck out on florida in years past, but haven't been out there this year. i have heard reports of doing ok on games/norway, but not sure where at out there.

Good luck to ya.

wiskers, im trying to figure out where to go on florida just to experience a new lake. been told it has lotz of slimers. i like to spear, do you or are you a tipup man? i have had some success on calhuon south of hawick. i am going to florida but not until the 26th more than likely. keep posting

I know during the summer time we always could catch pike up at Camp Lake near Swift Falls. It is a small lake as well so it is easy to get out there and try different spots.

Wiskers

out at Games Lake about third of way from campgrounds to Little Norway creek try 8 to 10 feet of water in weeds.

We have always had good luck in winter from now to seasons end and a pretty good perch bite goes along with it.

Line up in front of third to 5th cabin ,you will be 300 to 400 feet out from shore to find the weed bed and it is about 600 feet long.

there is a 1 foot drop off on a clay ledge on what would be inside of weeds .

If you get on clay ledge [you might find some walleyes]for norherns just a few feet deeper.

Sweet info fellas..Thanks a ton. I am going to plan on working on these tips as soon as the major Freeze lets up. I am off Sat sun Mon Tues.

I do some tipups but mostly in the late ice.

Cant wait to give it a go. Hope it warms up a bit soon.