Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt_bewley

Lake Bemidji questions

13 posts in this topic

I just put my house out on the south end of the lake in 26 foot of water and i havnt been catching any fish, is anyone else having the same problem or am i just doing something wrong? Also if anyone has any tips on were to move my house or if you have any suggestions on what to do please let me know. Thanks

i would ask the guys in the cass lake forum. There alot of smart guys in that fourm for this area that should be able to help you out.

thanks

Matt, you can ask for Bemidji advice in the Bemidji forum, as there are numerous people knowledgeable on the lake itself roaming this forum... Chris Haley should be able to chime in here, Beef, myself, we all fish the lake...

Are you down on the South end near the crowds? If so I'd move... Go East along the break a hefty ways and you may have some better luck, or tread the East side a bit, as it's less crowded and often better fishing. Get off the beaten path a bit and you should find some luck. 24-26' of water has been pretty good, so you're in the right depth range. You could slide up the break a bit if you're looking for more of a lightning bite, a flash bite right at sunup and right at sundown.

Get away from the crowds. If one guy catches a fish and tells three friends then its not long for a group to start fishing one area. Find a drop off away from a group and you'll do fine.

i am the furthest house out off of the nymore landing across from some concrete structures on the shore. i am in 25-27 foot of water and its just me and one other way out there so we are not in the crowds. thanks matt

also what tackle and bait has everyone on bemidji been using?

The South end had really died off lately. I have my house out there as well on the drop - 29' at one end, 31' on the other and it had been the dead sea. I was waiting for better driving conditions to move the house north, and after these last few cold days, I will be moving my house. I am looking for perch, so I will stay deep - 32' or deeper. At least thats where I've been finding them with any consistency.

The best lure for me this year has been a 1/16 oz Go Devil in the perch color with just a minnow head followed by a standard issue Glitter Glow on a dead stick next to my jigging rod - both can be found at Bluewater.

Good Luck!

Matt, you're in a decent area, the drop there is nice. I would move if you're not hitting 'em though.

We fished Bemidji tonight, just got back, 10 walleyes, 4 perch, and 1 pike when I left, and my partner was still fishing.

Keep moving and looking, you'll find 'em eventually!

Matt I was out tonight also saw a few fish come in on the vex but didnt get any bites. So what are you using for bait and tackle?

Do you want Matt to catch the fish for you?

Matt, jigging spoons and fathead heads were the ticket the other night. Tried Darter's, full minnows under a bobber, and the jigging spoon (clown color) tipped with a head was the ticket.

thanks much