Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crappiechaser

Thank you!

2 posts in this topic

I would like to thank a couple guys that were on lake washington friday afternoon. I took out my little brother and his friend who hasn't icefished befor. We were setting up on a spot that produces some nice crappies and sunfish. There were two guys that were fishing there and they were packing up to go when one of them came over and told us that the fish were biteing on a certain color and told us to try acouple holes they had that they have done good in. Well the kids had a blast catching the sunnies and when the sun hit the trees it was crappie time both of them caught acouple 10-12 inchers with some smaller ones.

Thanks again guys!!!

I also realized how hard it is to fish without a flasher, I let each one of the boys use my vexilar and lx3. Its tough fishing blind,lol!

i was wondering if you could shoot me an idea of where to go on washington for some decent crappies i am tired of catching tiny winy ones i dont have a clue as where to go never really been taught thanks bill

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
        Yah!  The foldable ones you can.    Or, if you don't get a roof carrier you could just leave one hanging out an open window or the hatch like you're making a lumber run.
    • CaptJohnWis
      They are BITING - bugs that is - har!   Bass have been very good some days and slooooow on others. Bugs have been awful last few trips. But the dragonflies have hatched out so they will be putting the gobble on the black flies and mosquitoes so things should improve.   Walleyes have finally showed up on the bank. Bass have been there awhile now. Went to Pelican one day and got some largemouths. The special regs there have really helped the bass fishing. Crappie are in spawning colors at several different lakes I have sampled this last week. Everything pretty much shallow but did get some walleyes in 15 FOW,    
    • Surface Tension
       Thanks for the report Randy!
    • JeremyCampbell
      So does this mean I should go shopping for a kayak?  But ya I should get one thoughWonder if I can fit one in a mini van.
    • Wanderer
      Yup!  I think that's where we're all heading!  'Cept I'll be in Ely.  Otherwise I'd join ya.   Have a good time, safe trip and catch lots! 
    • eyeguy 54
      I just wanna fish Saturday.  
    • Wanderer
      Good opener last year!  Anywhere near as good this year?
    • Wanderer
      Nobody needs that kind of grief.  I hope he's able to overcome that in short order.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Yes. Casey did sell his new boat and retire from guiding, at least for a while. He has been having serious shoulder and neck problems that have interfered with his guiding abilities. Hope that he gets this problem remedied soon and is able to return to guiding! Cliff
    • JeremyCampbell
      Myles planned today's river outing.Stopped at a lemonade stand,hit the bait shop and then the water.He put a few on shore realing them in all by himself.He also was super happy about finding all kinds of neat sticks laying around.Good Friday for sure