Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Busdrivers33

Mitchell/ Big Lake

8 posts in this topic

First of all, anyone having any luck out there? Sure is alot of people out there these days.

The main reason about my post is that I have a cousin who lives on Mitchell. Right on lake drive or Hiawatha or whatever it is down that way. Anyway, theres some people that access the lake next to his shoreline, and in the past he has seen them throwing rocks and [PoorWordUsage] on the ice from shore. Know we don't know for sure who did this, but whoever it was left wood, cardboard, beer cans and 5 northern down on the shoreline. If your going to keep the northern, then fillet them, not leave them on shore. Along with your garbage, its pathetic. IMO some people shouldn't be allowed a fishing liscense.

Bus

is big lake a pretty clear lake?

It's an awesome lake - clear, lots of great structure and prominent weedlines.

hey bns, i see your trying to get the skinny on big lake prior to the get-to gator. me to, i just posted a new topic on big lake before seeing this. prior post about water clarity and weedline structure sounds promising. i have seen a couple posts that said small nords. i just we will just have to find out on our own.

I have lived in Big lake for 20 years and the fishing is nothing to brag about. everyone once and awhile i hear of someone catching a walleye or a few small crappies. I saw a picture of a guy who caught a 30" walleye about a month ago. first ice out I know a guy who fishes crappies and does pretty good with the size. some around the 12" range. unless you have a lot of time and a lot of beer dont bother!

yes, in general it's a slow fishing lake... not a bad thing however if like me you fish to unwind... and it's _really_ clear... I check clarity thru the ice with a weighted glowstick on a string... I could ever so faintly see it on the bottom in twenty FOW. I have got to get my aqua vu working~ \:\)

my aqua vu shows lots and lots of 4 inch bluegills. nothing any bigger or smaller, which disturbs me. I did see a couple of perch which I am glad to see.

well i think we will see a few fish, i hope. But all in all, to meet all the FM guys and hang out is more then enough fun for me in one day.