• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Property Help in Superior,Wisc.

I was made a offer to buy 6 lots from a friend who purchased the lots in the 50s.He passed away few weeks back,and I was informed I was his frist choice to offer this to.

They are on Birch Ave,which is 1 Blk. east of Catlin & Belknap then north 3 Blks by 12th. I dont have all the info yet but I'd like to offer a fair price to his sister thats not to much for me,She's 72 and not much money,so I dont want to burn her and if their to much for me then I could at least help her get a fair price.

So can anyone give me a price range of what lots are going for in that area? These lots are unimproved,their the same as when purchased in the 50s.Could I also get info of what the area is like(the neighborhood I lived south of Duluth for a few years in the 80s)So any and all info would be appreciated. THANKS

I dont plan on driving up till open water

One thing you could do is call a realtor and inquire about lots for sale in that area. Ask for a general price saying you are looking to build or something.

You could also contact the city or county and find out what price they are being assessed at.

The bite has been good you must move from the others. If you now what I mean just get away 100 yards and you will do fine. Do not limit your self to others just move and they will bite. Good fishing to you all.

Here is link to some land listings in the Superior area. Should give you an idea.

[Noted from admin: Please see forum rules before posting again. Thanks, upnorth!]

THANKS Guys Power I did contact a realtor,was told the lots were worth $150.00 each!! I could'nt believe it,Lots in my area are 40-60 thou not on a lake or in a town, treed acreage is 10-15 thou a acre.At the price in Superior This friend would lose money through probate and taxes and not recover it.$1200.00 probate,$200.00 back tax.

I would get a 2nd and 3rd opinion ,,,did I miss read the $150 for each lot correctly??? Contact a few other realtors in the area cuz it doesnt sound right to me

Randoid

As mentioned by Powerstroke, you can get the taxable value of the lots from the Douglas County Assessor's Office if you have the legal description of the lots. Taxable value runs below market value by at least 10 percent in most cases, and more in others, but it'll give you a starting point. I find the $150 per lot very hard to believe.

Have you tried getting the tax info from the Douglas Cty website? I'd post the link, but would probably get in trouble. I went there and found a property look up. It says they will tell you the assessed value.

$150.00 sounds low, but it would depend on the lot size. Hopefully it's not a wetland. Good Luck.