Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norwall

any1 still fishing Fountain Lake?

6 posts in this topic

or.....?

yeah. didnt see this thread before starting my own. slow right now but did well away from the other houses.

Hey crappies i fished fountain for the first time a week ago and noticed all the houses seemed too be lined up right on the east shoreline? We went to the outside of them and got in 10' and got a few crappies. What is the rest of the lake like for depth? You got any idea? I might take my boat out there this summer and cruise around with the depthfinder and try to find some midlake humps or something that a guy can ice fish away from the crowds.

the whole lake is basically 8 foot deep there are very few humps in the lake. the deep hole is 14 foot and is near the public access right about where the "no wake zone" ends in the summer.

things change in the winter, you dont catch many crappies in that area in the summer.

go to http://www.dnr.state.mn.us and go to lake finder and type in freeborn county you will see what i mean, the lake is basically the same depth

You would think pulling a shad rap around a guy could find a few walleyes. I would think finding any hump and marking it in my GPS and going back and ice fishing it away from the crowds might be interesting.

the problem is the lack of humps. i believe there are litterally less than 4 on the whole lake. i fish edgewater and along hwy 13 in the summer, but no one is ever out that way in the winter.