Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rippingsomelips

Bald Eagle

12 posts in this topic

I was wondering on bald eagle by the island in 30 feet of water is that a good location for crappies?? And also where is a good location for walleyes??

I've done bald eagle and white bear in the summer the last three years and have poor luck. I just drive a little further north to the chisago area and have much better luck. Check out Frankies bait, they'll point you in the right direction.

What are the ice conditions on Bald Eagle? Are people driving trucks yet?

I haven't been there for a week or two, but the last time I was there it was about 12" by the deep hole.

Ripping- Yes there always crappies in the 30 foot hole. Mostly small though. As for walley try around the edges of the hole in 15 to 20 feet. Haven't heard of anyone catching anyting keepable this year though. Hope this helps.

I was out there today and drove my truck and I have a F 150. drove from the access to the north end of the lake by the new dock that they had built, 15 inches of ice where I was fishing

I went out Sunday evening just before dark. I couldn't tell where other trucks had been driven and got a little concerned. We entered at the boat launch, which is the only entry I know of. Drove out to just east of the island. 20 feet of water, 14-15 inches of ice. Hour and a half and nothing even showed up on the vex. We quit at 6:30.

I fished this lake a week ago, and the ice where we fished was about a foot. I talked to a guy before we went out though and he said their are areas with only 8-9 inches. That was enough information for me to decide to walk.

I also noticed that there is a ridiculously high amount of garbage left on the lake. Too many people leave their trash sitting on the ice, and most of it was already frozen in. That trash eventually ends up in the lake. Get the word out and tell people to clean up when their done.

Thanks

Went to move the shack from one place to another yesterday. We had 12 inches in the first spot and 8 inches when we stopped the truck in the new spot. We drove slowly back to the first spot and set up again. The ice thickness is just too spotty to drive every where. These cold temps should fix that.

YIKES - where was the 'second spot'??? I was out and the problem is you can't tell where others have driven due to the lack of snow.`

The place we had 8 inches was out in the middle north of cigar island and south of the rock bar. There were tracks going over this area but we didn't want to risk it. I fished near this area before christmas and there was about 3 inches compared to 6 inches everywhere else. I think it just froze up later than the rest of the lake.

Okay, I think we've established that it's not too safe to be driving around the lake. That's a given. Hopefully the cold weather this weekend will "firm" things up a bit. Let's hear some fishing reports. I'm particularly curious in the evening bite. I'm heading out tonight so hopefully I'll have all the hotspots to report tomorrow. Anyone got some suggestions on where I could try for some walleyes?

I haven't got one over 8" this year. They were caught in about 12'.