Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeyquicksand*

johanna

1 post in this topic

I'm heading out there this afternoon, any reports???

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain
      Thanks Cliff. It looks like I'll bring tall boots, ice crampons, and snowshoes for my walk across the lake on Friday! Who knows what I'll encounter
    • titelines
      I fished north of Two Harbors on Sunday and it was a mess.  The plowed areas had a good 4-5" of standing water, the rest was slop and slush about 1/2 way up to my knee. There was plenty of ice, and there were 4-5 pickups out there, but I scouted it out with the ATV and elected to walk to my spot rather than risk getting stuck in the muck.  This was of course before the rain Monday, so I can only imagine what it's like now.  
    • Chicagoanisamissindavee
      Del,   You know what they say about opinions and a certain part of the anatomy don't you. That said, you've made your point but it's now time that you step out for some fresh air and give this rant of yours a break.     Good luck to the Landing's new owners. Restaurants are a tough gig anywhere and I sincerely wish you the best and hope you'll succeed.   John
    • Borch
      Although down riggers aren't required, they sure are nice.  I'very really become a fan of copper lately.  The newer stuff is easier to work with and has caught more fish for me over lead core over on Lake Michigan.      I agree that unless you're using the suffix lead core the 47s don't leave a lot if room for backing.  Definitely use braid for backing.  I like to splice 20 ft of 30 lb mono between the core and backing to clip boards to.   I do the drag upgrades too.  When you get the diameter down the drags aren't as forgiving. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      CigarGuy, We did not venture out very far from the Landing, walking distance only! The ice had about 3" or 4" of soup on top everywhere. We fished in 12' to 14' depth on the first drop off. The kids iced a bunch of small perch jigging with small jigs and wax worms and missed a couple of pike on tip-ups. Fun day for all of us! Cliff