Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskiehunter369

going out on pepin for the first time.

8 posts in this topic

hey guys im going out on to pepin for the first time, has any one been out lately.thinking about going out on lake city point, if thats a good spot. any info will help. i wouldnt think so but can you drive out on the ice? thanks for the help.

I myself have never been out there in the winter but I heard the hot walleye lure last year on the ice was a plain firetiger jigging rap

Catch anything yesterday. I've been out there 3 or 4 times this year, lot of fish, but VERY small.

nothing :(. started at 8 am and ended at 6 pm. not one fish. but ive never even fished for walleye on the ice. i tryed city piont in 15 to 25 feet of depth with a jig and minnow about a foot of the bottum. then i try so place called hok so la or something like that , same depth and also a jig and minnow. how do most people fish out there?

jig raps in fire tiger #5 and #7 thats all i use for some reason they out perform jig spoons and any other type of jigs. you can add a minnow head to the treable if you like.

I remember someone saying that the fish on the river are looking for a "river presentation." Now, I'm not totally sure what that means.

Can anyone shed light on what that might consist of during the hard water period?

i guess i don't know what he means but, every body of water has it's lures that works. i have tries go devils, glo devils ,frosties, buckshots and none have produced even close to a jigging rap. jigging raps were all that we used growing up and now i know why the fish on the river just prefer it over other baits. a plain hook and minnow on a dead stick will also produce. even the crappies will hit the jigging rap if they come through. i don't know if this answers your question or not.

Lately the bite on the river has been extremely slow, there are fish down there, but you really have to entice them. The samller the better, and definetly not a whole minnow. Small jiggin' raps, small swedish pimples, or a plain glo hook works very good.