Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elusivecrappiecatcher

Cenaiko Trout opener??

7 posts in this topic

Anyone going and what is the trick out here? I haven't fished it in about 2 years.

YEAH, SEE YOU AND THE OTHER 2000 PEOPLE IN THE MORNING. HEARD A FEW YEARS AGO, A LADY DROPPED HER LINE DOWN WITH THE LEAD DEPTH BOMB AND REELED UP A 16" CRAPPIE.

Can you use gas augers on this lake?

I've never ice fished it before and haven't had a line in it since I was a kid. I probably won't go out on the opener but it sounds like a fund place to try during ice season.

Yep you can use gas.

The Jiffy Pop will definatly be roaring tomorrow morning.

Well don't I feel dumb today!!!

Please learn from my mistake and READ THE RULE BOOKS!

Got a ticket today for fishing out of season.

I don't blame the officer at all and am not mad at him, I should have read the book.

He was pretty cool though I also didn't know about only using one line but he just warned me about that.

Did manage to get 1 13" rainbow.

Please people if you haven't read through the rulebook please do so.

I've fished there a few times during the open water and I was thinking about getting over there soon to try it on the ice. I've heard some conflicting things though and I know this lake has some special regulations, like the no boat/canoe thing.

What I heard was you are not allowed to use a gas auger or a portable shack. Is this true? I'm already aware of the regular trout lake regulations from the handbook (like 1 line, no minnows, etc) but I'm wondering if there are any other special regulations for this lake that apply to ice fishing.

Originally Posted By: lotsofish

What I heard was you are not allowed to use a gas auger or a portable shack. Is this true? I'm already aware of the regular trout lake regulations from the handbook (like 1 line, no minnows, etc) but I'm wondering if there are any other special regulations for this lake that apply to ice fishing.

Gas augers and shacks are allowed. Everybody and their mom had one on opener. I brought mine, but didnt bother setting it up cause it was actually pretty nice out on Saturday. But yup, the usual no-no's: one line, no live bait.