Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ANYFISH

whiskey lake

6 posts in this topic

Choose a new lake every year and this year the dart landed on Whiskey lake near Brandon. Any info on ice conditions(atv use)and any useful tips and reports would be appreciated.

Lots of ice, vehicles driving all over, no one staying on the lake for long that I have seen. Fished it once this year, saw a couple of bass and a perch, never went back. Good luck, Brent

I heard there was a significant winter kill about 3-4 years ago or so. Can anyone else verify that? I had heard that it was a decent early season walleye lake but both times I've fished I only got a couple of strikes and no keepers.

There's 60 fow in whiskey, no winterkill, just pressure kill. It's a small lake, and like most when it gets a hot bite it gets fished down to nearly nothing. The walleyes average 26 inches, not a lot of them. The perch are gone for the most part. The sunfish are fairly abundant with decent size structure. There is a stable bass population with some big fish. There are few pike with the average size exceeding 10 pounds. Crappies are cyclic, with the population on the low end right now. There are fish there, just not the numbers it takes to keep my interest. Brent

Thanks for the info guy's, keep it coming if there is any. I found a map and looked at the DNR info and the Northern's and sunfish looked numerous, I guess things have changed since 2003. It's my new lake so I will give it my best and maybe get lucky. Thanks again.

sounds like a sweet lake! I love big fish lakes

I hope its managed well in the future, I'll have to give it a try soon. thanks for the info fisherking