Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
upnorthfishin

West Wind Resort Any updates

4 posts in this topic

Glad the forums are back in action now. Is fishing still very slow? That is what I have been hearing. I am going up this weekend out of West Winds. Any advice would be appreciated. Good day

I consider the lake day to day... Just because people say the fishing is slow certainly doesn't mean it will be the next day at URL. She's unpredictable.

Maybe one of the local boys from WestWinds Resort can chime in with a report. Those guys are on the ice everyday and know whats shaking on their road.

The bite is really starting to look better around West Wind. The road is out 5.4 miles by gps from WW, and the people are really spread out. This helps alot when you are looking to catch fish. We aren't getting big #'s yet but a few crappies are being caught daily and the walleye action is pretty good around 4 pm to 7 or so. There are alot of side roads to work off of and set up your house. If the wind does't blow and drift them shut, you'll have plenty of room to move around and fish.