Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattkimk

Grindstone lake ice

9 posts in this topic

Anybody what the ice conditions are on Grindstone lake? Thinking of going after some trout this weekend.

Thanks

My friend heard someone went through recently. He drove over there but didn't see anything. Maybe someone else knows something more.

Thats not what I want to hear. Know of any bait shops up there that I might be able to call and get some info?

I know. I was planning on heading out there. The only bait shop in the area I know of is Petry's in Finlyason.

Won't be there until the 27th, but just wondering how thick the ice is? With this cold spell I'm guessing I'll be able to drive all over the lake by then? Did anyone hit it up for the trout opener? Would like to hear some reports.

Ice was good, fishin was slow. Too many people on the ice at one time really scared the trout. Also some people were driving trucks and that was making the ice crack alot so that didnt help either. Only managed two bows. Lost a few and seen about a dozen all together.

Did someone go through about a week ago? How is travel on the ice with a wheeler?

I'm guessing the 'bows were suspended? How far down over what depth? Waxies or minnows?

Not much snow it would be easy with a wheeler. We fished in about 7 feet and they were half way down. Straight out from the access. We tried in really deep water and lost a big one that was 6 feet down. The vexilar broke so i couldnt tell you how deep it was out there but i didnt have enough line on my reel to get down there.