Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Bugman

Latest Report

Bugman

Just wondering how thing are going up there. We are taking off tomarrow and will be fishing out of JR's access with Chad Benson. Is there any last minute tackle I need to get? With this site down for the last few days before our trip it has been driving me Nuts!!

wall_eye_assasin

We just got back from URL and the fish were on lock jaw where we were at. A green glo frostee worked for me. I did get two small walleyes on a green jigging spoon. I think we were to deep so if you have portables I believe 7ft to 8 ft is the mark now. I did land a 26 1/4 walleye around 7:00 am on a small flat head and a green glo frostee. Hope you have good luck.

germanshorthairs

I was up there on 1/5/08 and the bite was on. We were in about 14.5ft of water. We stayed in a wheel house. Steady bite from 0720am til about 500pm. No bites from 1100pm til 0720am. Biggest was 21". No crappies. Just get away from every one else that was the key for us.

GoFish4

Bugman, I stayed in one of Chad's houses on 1/6 and we caught 13 walleye, 4 keepers and 2 northerns. We were in 13 feet of water and he was moving houses out as the bite was better deeper. Bite was slow about 1 to 2 an hour with nothing from midnight to 8 am. Fish did not like jigging or movement, dead sticking and rattle reels turned the most fish. I marked lots of more fish but they would not take it and bite was light on those that would. Good luck

SDPROV

Bugman, how was the weekend? We are going to fish with Chad in a few weeks and was wondering how the houses and the fishing were> sdprov

Bugman

We had three seperate houses and all were pretty new. Watch where he puts you, we must have been over some kind of sucking vortex being we lost two poles, a MP3 player, and four legs to those holes. The fish at times were hard to come by but all of the ones we caught were nice size. Biggest eye was 25" Nort 31" and one lonley crappie at 14.5". Pink was the definate color as deadsticking was the style we caught the most fish by. If you go in to JR's to take a shower check the water temp first. For five bucks you get some fresh water pumped right out of the lake in my opinion. Chad had us away from the big crowds and was talking about moving the houses further out too. Good luck