Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bugman

Latest Report

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering how thing are going up there. We are taking off tomarrow and will be fishing out of JR's access with Chad Benson. Is there any last minute tackle I need to get? With this site down for the last few days before our trip it has been driving me Nuts!!

We just got back from URL and the fish were on lock jaw where we were at. A green glo frostee worked for me. I did get two small walleyes on a green jigging spoon. I think we were to deep so if you have portables I believe 7ft to 8 ft is the mark now. I did land a 26 1/4 walleye around 7:00 am on a small flat head and a green glo frostee. Hope you have good luck.

I was up there on 1/5/08 and the bite was on. We were in about 14.5ft of water. We stayed in a wheel house. Steady bite from 0720am til about 500pm. No bites from 1100pm til 0720am. Biggest was 21". No crappies. Just get away from every one else that was the key for us.

Bugman, I stayed in one of Chad's houses on 1/6 and we caught 13 walleye, 4 keepers and 2 northerns. We were in 13 feet of water and he was moving houses out as the bite was better deeper. Bite was slow about 1 to 2 an hour with nothing from midnight to 8 am. Fish did not like jigging or movement, dead sticking and rattle reels turned the most fish. I marked lots of more fish but they would not take it and bite was light on those that would. Good luck

Bugman, how was the weekend? We are going to fish with Chad in a few weeks and was wondering how the houses and the fishing were> sdprov

We had three seperate houses and all were pretty new. Watch where he puts you, we must have been over some kind of sucking vortex being we lost two poles, a MP3 player, and four legs to those holes. The fish at times were hard to come by but all of the ones we caught were nice size. Biggest eye was 25" Nort 31" and one lonley crappie at 14.5". Pink was the definate color as deadsticking was the style we caught the most fish by. If you go in to JR's to take a shower check the water temp first. For five bucks you get some fresh water pumped right out of the lake in my opinion. Chad had us away from the big crowds and was talking about moving the houses further out too. Good luck