Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeepguy

Setting up too close to one another???

2 posts in this topic

I was out on Green Mountian Lake last night, and we decided to go to a spot that was near, but not extremely close. We are talking about 75 - 100 feet away. So a guy comes out of his shack and says " you got to be f%$*ing kidding me!!!" we thought he was joking, but apparently not. He was seriously pissed off. He said we have the whole lake, why set up near him. But he did tell us he had been there for 3 hours and got no fish, so we went elsewhere, upon his advice. He then zoomed off on his sled to bring a guy back to shore then returned. After a couple hours he left for good and when he went by us it sounded like he was mouthing off to us. Ok if we were too close, which in our opinions we were not, he....

A:) could of been more of an ADULT about it.

B:) realized it was a good 75-100 feet away

C:) realized that he does not own the lake so we can setup where ever we damn well please...I think there is a rule that says 15 feet is the minimum you need to be away from another shack.

Yes, there is an idiot rule of 15' I believe. But there should be a 200' idiot rule!!

Last week I was on an area lake 1/4 mile from anyone. No structure, only a road I made to my house.

After being there in nice solitude for a few days, I showed up one afternoon to find a guy parked with his new hard sided fish house on the middle of the road I made to my house 30' in front of my door!

Again no structure , I'm just trying to stay away from the crowd and trying to get a little peace to myself.

I'm voting for the 200' IDIOT RULE!