Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainydaze

Rainy Lake This weekend!

6 posts in this topic

For all those looking to head up Ice fishing I have a group that will be out during the next 3 days. I'll try take some pics and post our fishing reports as well as ice conditions. As many of you know or have read our ice has been a bit slow in forming due to some heavy early snow. For many like us this isn't a bad thing as Rainy has often been touted as the greatest portable destinations in the state. My early suggestions would be to bring sleds, and don't forget your digital camera's. Small crowds Big fish!

Good Fishing!

RD

Thanks RD that would be great.

Good Luck,

Kerry

HEY GANG,

REMEMBER TO BE CAREFUL, A VEHICLE WENT THRU THE ICE TODAY IN SAND BAY... THE DRIVER IS OK, THE VEHICLE WENT DOWN TO THE BOTTOM. I SPOKE TO OUR LOCAL SHERIFF IN DRIVE THRU TODAY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Yikes! Yikes!! Good to hear the driver is okay. Vehicle as in car/truck or snowmobile/atv? RainyDaze, Mike, and Woody just called a little bit ago with a good report, I'll let RD fill everyone in when he gets off the ice. blush.gif

HI F.Q.,

EITHER A JEEP WITH A PLOW OR A TRUCK WITH A PLOW. IT HAPPENED TO THOR THOMPSON WHO HAS DONE THE PLOWING OUT OF RAINY LAKE MARINE THE PAST 5 YEARS.

THERE IS ALOT OF GOOD ICE ON RAINY, BUT THERE IS SOME VERY POOR ICE TOO.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Glad to hear he is o.k.!!! I don't know where he went in, but do understand the typical road placement. I'll stand by my previous statement in that I believe we should still be on atv's and sleds. We had good sled conditions today, and really never encountered much slush. Where we fished we never ran into less than 10 inches of good solid ice. With that being said I'd still error on the side of caution. We didn't light the world on fire, but did catch some fish this afternoon. Our biggest fish went a FAT 27 inch eye! We'll be venturing out again in the morning! Good Fishing!

RD