Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goodman

French Lake - Need Some Help

4 posts in this topic

I am going to be on French lake for the first time this year (hopeflly allot more to follow). What is a good location for (what ever is biting) and what are you using for lures or bait?

Thanks in Advance

look out in front of hoys in 32-38' you will likley have to sort through the crappies same over the north side deep hole as the west

if your after walleyes uasally about 3:00pm south end of the 30' hole on the south side of the lake also may catch some craps there also i usually fish walleyes with real light line there it may seem odd to use 2-4 (flouroice) but

a freind and I did an experiment a couple years back and he could not get bit the whole day when I had a limit of 16-20"

and filled his limit also i'm convinced it was the line

small hooks ( i mean real small Size 14 dry fly tying hooks is what I used.. set your slip bobber so that when the depthfinder is on the bottom you float will be about 1/4 inch under the surface of the water trust me !!! besides what have you got to loose How ever i have not fished there in two years but it used to work

Lucky or anyone else,

Is there a shallow walleye bite on this lake? I use to do well on another lake in weeds always less than seven feet of water. That was until they sprayed for weeds. That bite is gone.

Anyone have any luck this year with he shallow bite around Faribault?

I have caught a few walleyes on french set up in 10 feet of water. However it is a short window of opportunity, it seems like a hunting pack will move through shortly before sunset and bite for 10-15 minutes- then they are gone. Just my experience there.