Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIDNIGHT777

Thermal X zipper freezing?

6 posts in this topic

Tried out the nex Thermal X for the first time last weekend and was happy. The only problem is that the zipper would freeze making it difficult and sometimes impossible to open/close. This never happened on my old otter. I am thinking this is because of the condensation on the inside of the shack and that it was really cold on Lake of the Woods. It does stay warmer than my old otter, which I think is the cause for the increased condensation?? Is there anything I can use/do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks, Matt

You can try applying parafin wax to the zipper. I have the same problem when it gets real cold.

Quote:

You can try applying parafin wax to the zipper.

Where can a person pick some up?

Try rubbing a bar of Ivory soap on the teeth.

You'll find paraffin wax next to the canning jars and lids.

Or use a candle. Those long skinny candles that burn down to stubs are perfect.

Thanks for the info!! I'll have to give it a try, my Otter Village zippers always freeze. But my lodge isnt too bad.