Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jvjohnson

reel weeds

9 posts in this topic

i know its been asked befor but how many of you use them and are the worth it

yes you will be impressed!!!!!!!!

I usually place them out 50-75% of the time I fish. I do believe in them.

If you are setting up and planning to stick it out in a spot for a while, they can and do help hold fish under you. If you are more runnin and gunnin after the perch, they might not help as much. I have used them with great results on the pond, won't go up there without them.

That is a great idea. Do you ever use them on tip ups?

I've only been playing with them this year... But for Tip Ups and for the rattle reels late at night I don't use them (I pulled them last weekend when I went to bed.) Simply because if a fish starts running, as they often do with a Tip up or especially a rattle reel late at night...

They could far too easily tangle up in the line connecting the weeds...

I had enough problems with the 28"er I pulled up last monday at 4:00 am snarling my rattle reel lines... I'd hate to think what would have happened if he would have snarled the weeds as well!

i just picked some up today cant wait to try them

one more question about them, do u surround the house or just have a patch next to it

I have 8 holes in my house and I put them in the center 2 and it only takes a few moments and the small perch will move in. They seem to keep bait fish around - last weekend I would put the cam down an there was nothing and a couple of minutes later there would be small perch.

The small perch think that reel weeds are pretty cool.