Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ILW1835

Outdoor Authority Houses

5 posts in this topic

Going to be taking my first trip up to Upper Red Lake in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone can tell me about Outdoor Authority and their service? Friends have used them but this will be my first trip. Curious if anyone else has used them this year and if they are catching any walleyes? Thank and good luck fishing boys!!

My father in law and some of his freinds are going to be up with me and some freinds the weekend of the 10-13 and they are staying in one of theirs also. I would also appreciate the info. They seem great over the phone!! I also heard from another guy that they had a great time with them. I guess they stay out on the ice in their own house. Could come in handy.

Anyone else ever used these guys?

I stayed in their log cabin house last year, it's a great house, except for the fact they told me it could house 7 guys, and it does not,although they did let us rent another house cheap to make up for it. Also there is no stove or oven in it.

You have to pay a road fee at rogers to get out, that is not included in thier price nor do they tell you about ahead of time. Not a big deal I just thought it was a weird way of doing buisness.

They're both really nice guys but one is at home running the books and one is out on the ice running the rentals and I am not sure how much they communicate.

Those were the issues we had, none of it was a big deal and we had a good trip. Would caught a lot of walleyes but not a crappie in sight. I would rent from them again, mostly because of the guy that runs the rentals out on the lake (I forgot his name), he does a good job.

I think it was 3 years ago when we tried them. It sounds like they have that problem of telling you a house can sleep a certain number and then not delivering because it happened to us as well. They had a camper converted to a house they said could sleep 6, and was more like 4 1/2. (Don't ask about the 1/2) Luckily, we brought up our own ice castle and a cot as well, which saved us. We caught fish, but since I have been going with Raveling outdoors.