Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish to Win

Fishing Extravaganza

22 posts in this topic

How do the ice reports look for the Extravaganza at this time-? I hope there are no last minute issues like last years ice- I bought my ticket last week and have already begun makeing room in my garage for the F150. grin.gif

I am guessing it will not really be an issue this year. The ice is about 10 inches and we have about 3 weeks to make the necessary requirements. Its pretty cold out now so it'll be gaining a little more.

Good Luck with the truck!

Jason Erlandson

Does anyone know who I should contact about volunteering to drill holes for the contest?

Just go to the Jaycees website and call the main line, and just let them know you want to drill holes and your in..

Duh! How simple. Thanks.

Hopfully this is a rumur but I heard if we get this upcoming warm front the contest will move to n.long frown.gif

How far is N.Long from Gull???

A few Miles

According to the story I found on the internet. The Crow Wing

county sheriff's office says there are 11 to 14 inches of ice on Gull Lake's Hole in the Day Bay. Next week there is supposed to be a good cold snap come through so things sound good. Is there anyone else that has heard anything differant?

Daryl Ekstrom

where on gull lake is the extravaganza? does anyone know of a link to a good map of gull?

thanks

Google Brainard Jacees Icefishing like JNORM said.

Hole in the Day Bay. And If you have a LakeMaster or Navionics chip that is the best map. Lowrance has a decent at5 map for free on there website for on your lowrance units.

The extravaganza is on Hole in the Day Bay right off HWY 371 just south of Nissiwa. Try the DNR Lake Finder for a map. When it askes for county it would be Crow Wing.

If you are looking for a good map of the contest area. Stop in at the shop before the contest. As an in store free-be we have been handing out free contest area maps for the last 6-7 years. Could be the difference maker.

Jason Erlandson

Glad to hear you guys are making plans to fish the Extravaganza. Most of your questions can be answered on the web site http://www.icefishing.org. I'm on the comittee and will watch the forum to help answer any other questions. Good luck on the 26th!

Welcome to the Boards Camp Bob.

Unfortunately I won't be able to fish the extravaganza but I will be working it for security. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of people and hopefully seeing some nice fish! Best of luck to everybody, maybe one year I'll be able to fish it one year!

ok this may be a really really dumb question but me and my bro will be coming up for our first contest up there and we were unsure of the rules with people using vexlars and underwater cameras? if some one could inform me that would be great!

You can use anything you would normally use for fishing. You just can't bring any type of shelter. Otherwise everything is fair game. Good luck to you guys, have fun.

Jason Erlandson

Just to add to Jason's comment. You can also test the depth with weighted lines prior to the start but if the officials catch you with a hook on your line, they'll tear your ticket up without a second chance. Another question has been can I run my camera or put the real weeds down an adjacent hole. The rule states that you are only allowed one hole per ticket so what ever you are putting in the water needs to be down your hole or you will need a second ticket to use another hole.

I'm glad you are on here Camp Bob. I will updating the "conditions" on the icefishing.org site tomorrow after checking things out. This weather is awesome for ice making, should be a record year for attendance ay?

Walleyedan

GO TO THE BRAINERD JAYCEES WEB SITE AND IT TELLS YOU ALL THE RULES. Sorry but how many people have asked that and how many people have told you guys to googe brainerd jaycees.