• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice armour vs arctic armour

rookie44

Question

10 answers to this question

Lots of questions answered on that post... Thank you for posting it...

I cant compare the 2... One is a suit designed to keep you warm while ice fishing(Ice Armor).. and it does a very good job at that. I can not say anything bad about the IA suit. They seem well made, and you hear very few complaints on them.

The Arctic Armor suit is a suit that keeps you warm and alive while ice fishing. More of a comfortable survival suit.

I own the AA suit so I am biased.. I own a very expensive Columbia coat designed for downhill skiing... my AA jacket is as warm if not warmer, and the bibs put he jacket to shame. And.. it floats as you stated.

The AA suit may cost more, but in my opinion, worth every ... EVERY... Penny!

I tried on both at the store and found that the bibs were not up to my standards. Extra cuff in the inside of the bibs slows me down getting dressed, and the padding in the knees was minimal at best. Clam Extream for me! If the ice is bad i wear my SoSpenders. The AA is not approved but it will float close to 3 grown people.Pretty cool just not as comfortable as the clam suits. When I fish dark to dark i need it all. When they pony up and get extra padding and Max-4 camo I will get a set. Just my 2 cents, most people love the stuff, and it sells like crazy.

I love the extra cuff on the inside of the bibs. Yeah, it takes like 2 seconds longer to put them on. Where's the fire? It's not turn out gear we're putting on. That extra cuff stops the wind and snow and junk from climbing up my leg and down my boot.

I own a set of Arctic Armor and I've tried on the Ice Armor. To each their own as they are both good suits. I find the Arctic Armor more comfortable.

I own both suits and they both will keep one warm. The inner liner will help keep snow and water out from getting in. The Artic Armor also will float you incase one does fall through the ice and may give you the time needed to save your life.

For approx the same dollars, I vote Artic armor.

I recieved the Ice Armor for christmas and love it so far. I does a great job shedding the wind and keeping you warm on the ice. I have not had a problem with wind or snow on the bibs yet. One thing i really like about the bibs is the extra long zipper. You can put the bibs on with your boots already on and vice versa. Can't say enough good things about it. No opinion on the Artic Amour but i have heard that is one great suit too \:\)

My biggest draw to the Arctic Armour is that it floats you. If you fish early spring, ice or late fall that's a big plus in my book. Also, it comes in camo so it makes a good hunting outfit as well.

I have only tried the Ice Armour on and I bought one of the gray suits last year and love it for ice fishing, I don't think that I would need to get a heavy/warmer model as I have plenty of wool to layer up under it if gets really cold, one advantage of the ice armour is that you can use it in warmer weather as a rain suit, I used mine in canada last fall on fishing trip. I found it a great cold weather suit for boat fishing. I too will look at the Artic Armour when we can get in camo!! Great according to Sandmannd I can get it camo now, what to do? Buy the a scope for the new wtby rifle or get another suit?

I got a AA suit for x-mas and couldnt be happier with it. I tried it out last week and love how thin and warm it is. It seems to have plenty of pockets all in the right spots and I love the padding in the knees and rear! I have never tried on a Ice Armor suit but they look top-notch as well. I thought about both and ended up going with AA due its floatation qualities. Just a little piece of mind if I were ever to fall thru the ice, at least I would have a fighting chance to get out.

The first AA suit I got was in their Mossy Oak DuckBlind Camo...and it just was not for me. I returned it and got the regular red/black suit. I, too, wish they had the regular suit in a camo such as regular Mossy Oak or any other standard woodland camo. If you check out their web site (I.D.I. gear) you will see a line of regular hunting cloths in regular camo colors....just wish they had the AA suit in the same.

Any ways, if you decide to buy a Arctic Armor Suit, I would recommend going thru OutdoorProStore.com. The guy was awesome, answered all my questions and delivery was very quick.

Take care

Cliffy.

i just picked up the ice armor x suit and its great. both suits are great it just depends on what you like i guess.