Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tripplelindy

Porta-Villa opinion?

7 posts in this topic

Hey gang! Great forum! We are heading up to URL to stay in a porta villa 2 man sleeper out of Rogers.This will be our first hardwater trip to URL. I booked these guys because they had a nice looking house on the Rogers site. Any opinions/advice to make it a better trip? Bait? colors? jigs? rattle wheels? Thanks in advance

I rented with them last year and found that they were nice houses. We stayed in one that was already set up rather than pull it our selfs.We stayed sun tru wed to avoid the weekend traffic and did quite well. Plenty of wallys but only one crappie. We are planning another trip soon..maybe end of Jan. It seemed that the Glow jigs did the best for us. Just a heads up..if someone thinks they hooked up with a pike..reel in the rest of the lines or you'll have a mess.We hooked into a few and they tangeled all the lines in the house.Good Luck

Nice clean houses, we used them lastyear. I would recommend upgrading to the 4 person if possible as 2 of us found the 2man crammed, with the bunks down we only had 1 fishable home and the top bunk guy nearly died of heat stroke while the bottom bunk guy nearly froze to death.

Rented a 4 bunk sleeper over New Year's Eve.... Caught about 30 walleyes, very nice clean houses, and the girls loved the heated outdoor bathroom. I agree with the sleeping part (hot on the top bunks, cooler in the bottom bunks), but I have yet been in a sleeper fish house without this problem.....

I would definitely recommend Portavilla again....especially if you were going to bring a family or the wife...

Thanks for the info! We just got back today (friday) fishing was kinda slow for us!2 guys, 22 fish total and yes the top bunk was unbearably hot! We bundled up the second night and turned the furnace off, slept like a log!

Thanks guys for the report it is allways nice to know whats working well and what needs improvment. We have some ideas for the top bunk that we are working on, but this is a typical fish house problem. We have solved the gals request with the outhouses and with your feed back we will get this one as well.

Some kind of ceiling fan would probably do it. Anything to push the air around.