Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

ANN Lake Chanhassen

14 posts in this topic

I drove over there yesterday to check it out, and there was only 2 houses out there on the lake.

Is this lake just not that popular, or the lake just not produce fish like other lakes around here?

THe pike in this lake are plentiful and huge. Unfortunately the pannies are harder to come by and aren't that big. The DNR"s survey on their website doesn't offer much hope to anglers unless you're after pike.

According to the latest DNR report, 48% of all bluegills sampled were over 7 inches. Thats pretty good in my book. I saw some pretty respectable 'gills while swimming at the beach this summer too. I think its worth a shot. My opinion is that the restrictive slot on pike keep people off the ice on that lake....

Powerstrokes right about the pike, I've taken a few 30" fish out of Ann alound with some nice Largemouth Bass! As for the pan fish I caught a few nice crappie and a lot of 7-10" sunfish on hard water! I would give it a shot try the hole in the North West corner... Good Luck

is there any rules as to what you can and cant take out of there with lengths on pike?

24"-36" pike are protected. C&R of all LM bass.

The DNR survey does say that 48% of sunnies were over 7", but they didn't catch any that hit 8".....Of course there are gonna be some in there, but it also had very low catch rates. They were in the average, but it was the low end. Same with crappies. I think they only netted like 15 crappies in the whole survey.

I've fished there before and done well on pike. The access is great and it stays plowed as a city park. Its just not a great all-around lake.

Has anyone been here lately? I'm really looking for some good advice for getting a few pike!!

I havent fishing Ann yet this year but I did pull a real nice 30" pike outa Stieger last week, maby try there we always do good!

Isn't steiger c+r only?

Nobody else been on lake ann?

you can keep panfish out of stieger i think but all other game fish go back

Yes it is

Went out today. Got 1 small perch. ><

ouch. I have not seen alot of people out there. people just dont fish it?