Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJ

Leech Report 12/29

1 post in this topic

Fished Leech 12/27 - 29. 12+ inches of snow on the ground, various depths on the lake. Some very slushy/deep parts in random places, use caution when moving around on a sled or wheeler. I saw several guys get stuck. Walker Bay ice from 8-11 inches. Didn't check Pine Point area depths, but cars and SUVs were on the plowed roads there. Many anglers between Grand Vu and Goose. While out and about, I noticed 2 small completely open holes about 2 feet across. One on Agency Bay, the other on the western half of the Walker Narrows. In fact, an otter or a beaver had his head out of the Narrows hole. Strange.

Fishing was decent 1st night in 28 FOW, Walker Bay breakline. Caught 5 eye keepers (2 of us). 2 were borderline small, but we wanted a meal. Many lookers on the flasher. Soft bites. Next night set up in the same spot and caught one nice perch (released) and 3 eyes. Lost a big fish, not certain what it was. Sounded like setting up near the City Dock break line was pretty productive from some folks I spoke to. Prime time was 4:30 - 6:30. Guys were pulling wheel houses out on Walker Bay with wheelers.