Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish4cats

22 WMR for yotes and fox

2 posts in this topic

Just kind of curious who else out there uses a 22 WMR for fox or yotes? I have shot both critters with my 22 WMR using CCI Maxi-Mags 40 gr hollow pt, but have kept my shots under 100 yrds. My rifle is dead on at a 100 and I have had good success with it. I know alot of guys think this gun is too small of caliber.

coyotes have been shot with everything under the sun. I have never used a 22wmr, but I have read elsewhere that it is not a great round to use. Not saying you can't, but a lot of people will tell you it does not put them down.

I have a new 17hmr (w/ hornady 20 gr. xtp) that I will be using when I am around fox (I know of a couple farms that have fox and only a few yotes.) I am excited to use that gun since I can shoot extremely small groups with it at 50 yards, which will be my range limit with it as well.

I would say keep it under 100 yards ( closer to 50 ) and you should be okay. Notice I said okay, not that you will be bang flopping them all day long.