Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
dahlfun454

ice thickness

dahlfun454    0
dahlfun454

Hi all and happy fishing. I am new to this site and relatively new to the sport of ice fishing.My friends are die hards and got me in to this awesome past time. I was wondering if there is any ice updates? lack of ice is my only concern at this point do to the fact of every ones posts. any inf or tip will also be greatly appreciated as for river fishing is all that I've done thanks we will be up there the weekend of the 19 and I cant hardly grin.gif oh we will be staying on the south side of the lake thanks again

jiggin pig    0
jiggin pig

Let see where to begin. I will try and answer your first run on sentence. Since I also know you, I will be gentle to your first post. I have heard a few things on the ice conditions. The word seems to be anywhere from 9 inches to 14 inches in some spots. Be careful, there is no such thing as safe ice. As for the rest of your question or questions, I have no clue what you were trying to say. Since it was one sentence. I will help you out as much as I can, but as for this post I can't help you with that. Just proofread. Welcome to FM

thirtysomething    0
thirtysomething

Hey dahlfun454, welcome to the forum. Wow your buddy sure teased you; hope you two know each other. I've actually read posts way worse than yours. Your punctuation wasn't that bad. Anyways, on to Winnie. My group and i have been going to Winnie the weekend you're heading up and we've always had good ice. I think it's been over six years on the same date and never have any problems. This year I'm more concerned with all the snow. We bring a decent size wheelhouse, with low clearance so hitting our usual spots may be tough. I guess we may have to have Rick plow us a spot or two. I'm sure he won't mind, the man loves to plow, and there's nothing wrong with making a donation to the kid college fund, especially with the growing family.

Good luck when you come up, hopefully you'll find the fish.

dahlfun454    0
dahlfun454

thanks for the info. he's one of the buddys going with me.hope fishing is good for both of us. cant wait to go have a happy new year

jiggin pig    0
jiggin pig

We don't know if your going to be allowed yet. You have to prove your ice skills in the next few weeks. By the way, your son can not prove those skills for you. If I recall he did out fish you once again today. still laughing about that. He out fished me to though, but I was helping him.

HIGHBANKS    0
HIGHBANKS

Happy New Year!! ICE UPDATE***** We started plowing our roads yesterday afternoon and have had a few vehicles access today. We have 12" of clear ice and are plowed out to the 1st series of humps (2 1/2 miles). Early fishing reports have been coming in from our day use houses, 3/4 limits of perch (example: 15 per person) and slot size walleyes 22", 24" and a 25 1/2" were caught and released. We'll be moving our large day-use houses and our sleeper houses out on the ice, the end of the week. Travel on the ice off the main roads is challenging, slush and drifted snow is causing limited mobility.

Vikesfan    0
Vikesfan

Welcome on board Dahlfun. The Pig will let you come with us but you can't bring your son if he is going to outfish us. By the time that we go up there we should be good to go with ice.

Later, D

HIGHBANKS    0
HIGHBANKS

We have been plowing since Sunday afternoon. We have plowed roads 3 miles out to the northwest (on the humps) and then a secondary road to the north up to Perch Bar. We are finding 12 1/2" of clear ice. Travel off of the main roads is extremely difficult with areas of drifted snow and slush. We are recommending vehicles to park on the roads and then drag portables 100yds off the roads to set-up and drill holes. Our big sleepers and day-use fish houses are going out on the ice today.