Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskieMoore18

Lake Elysian

9 posts in this topic

How is the walleye and northern bite on elysian? First time on the lake and was wondering whats spots would be worth looking for! I dont have a wheeler or snowmobile so it has to somewhat be a reasonable walking distance from shore! Any help would be appreciated!

Try Loon in Waseca. The fish on Elysian are out aways, or off private area's. Real hit or miss with dropping pressure. You should target crappies now and wait for the pressure to get around 30.1

I've been wondering for a couple years what was up with Loon. Back about 10-15 years ago the sunnies in there were huge. Anyone know what if anything is in there?

I punched a bunch of holes last year and only came up with tiny ones

are is there good pike population on loon lake or would i be wasting my time?

The pike are strong ther, but there are alot of small fish as well. This is a panfish lake. Lake Francis is where i would go for pike, Wait I pick Devils Lake ND!!!

its 8' pretty much all around. would you just go to the island and fish for them there?

TO be honest with you you would be wasting your time going to loon lake in Waseca for pike because the population has been dwindeling for the past two years. I speared out there two winters ago and did quite well and tried it the next year as well but never speared a single one. I also tried it casting spoons and whatnot this past summer for snotters and came up with nothing. I am sure there are a few good ones in there yet but there can't be many. might be worth it for gills though or crappies.

Hey fish'n were there any size in the pike you speared? Did you see any panfish in your spear hole?