Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Police Scanners

12 posts in this topic

We had one and then St. Paul changed their Mhz up to the 800's. My wife loves to listen to these things. I got her a new one for Christmas that goes up to the 900 Mhz range but we can't find the St. Paul police at all. Anyone know what this frequency would be now?

I've got a couple of pretty nice scanners, but with so many departments scrambling or using digital encryption, they don't get used much anymore.

It could be that the department has gone with digital encryption. Then, all you get, more or less, sounds like static when they're transmitting. For all intents and purposes, it's impossible to crack digital encryption.

A lot of the Metro has gone to the digital trunking frequencies. Most of the general frequencies are not encrypted.

I think they run around 300-400 though.

KJ

Post deleted by rockman

I found plenty of sites that have their old frequency posted, just can't find their new one.

You can go right to the FCC website and search their license database for frequencies...

It's not the most user-friendly search engine unless you do that sort of thing often, but it's all there.

I have the same problem with my scanner, too. I used to listen to East St. Paul side with lots of wonderful and colorful events.

I do have the "trunking" ability on my scanner, just gotta figure out how to work it.

I received the Radio Shack PRO 2096 with digital trunking for x-mas. The local Radio Shack programed it for me. I can get most departments general transmissions and some car to car stuff but I have concluded that Bloomington MN is using encryption becasue I only get the first couple of words on the transmission then it sounds like Charlie Browns teacher or donald duck. You really do not get much for my immediate area in Bloomington but I seem to get all othr areas including State Patrol. Fun to listen to but I would not have paid the $500 cost. It was a gift so I am greatful. I am going to bring it back to Radio Shack and see if it is a programing issue on the Bloomington stuff. From my research the programing is really tough if you do not have a lot of experience and you can program by hand but there is a program you can get (win96) that connects to your pc and that makes programing much eaiser. Good Luck with your scanner.

Pherris, do you know what frequency you are using for the East Side PD?

I honestly do not know what departments broadcast on what frequency. I am going to the Radio Shack tomorrow because the scanner guru will be in and I will ask. Is there a specific area of the east side? I will post any info I get for you. Take care.

Yea, I live by Lake Phalen.