Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InTowneGuy

Waconia Ice Report 12/28/07

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would let you know what I know about the conditions on Lake Waconia. We have done a lot of checking in most of the main populated areas of the lake, excluding the north side. While we have a lot of good ice ranging between 9 to 15 inches, we STILL have some areas with as little as 6 inches. We understand that there are some people that are driving on the lake, but we at the In Towne Marina are NOT. We have found EXTENSIVE areas that have thicknesses between 6-8 inches of ice, with a lot of wet slush on top.

You must remember, we look for the WORST ice we can find, and what we've found has kept us from driving thus far. Knowing all of this we will continue to use ATVs and Snowmobiles, until the thinner areas get a little thicker.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Thanks for the info. So, do you think it's safe to make a few laps around the lake perimeter with snowmobiles tomorrow and set up the portable (in a typical main populated area) for the dusk bite with snowmobile? Any "fall through" spots that you know of?

like i said on another post i has my f250 out last night. but my neighbor was out on the north end and his wheeler was half way in..take the time and check the ice where you are going..stop in and talk to the crew at the marina. they are great..