Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Cahuna

Wireless broadband connectivty on the ice

4 posts in this topic

Ocassionally work requires me to get connected to the Internet even on days off. Knowing I was going to be on the ice when this occurred I bought a aT&T wireless broadband card. Anyone else have one? I'm trying to find out how good the coverage is. I'll fish in the Brainerd area, Mille Lacs, Upper Red and around Bemidji. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Big Cahuna

Internet?? what the heck is that?? We don't have any such thing "Up" here.

Well...a big drawback of the Bemidji area is the Monopoly of cell providers. Basically still just Cell 1 and Unicell. Cell 1 is terrible and I think Unicel and Verison are merging.

My sister Blackberry works great here. She runs her laptop off it on Plantan and at my place near the North end of Lake Bemidji. She has it through Verizon in Grand Forks or Crookston. No idea about URL. I do know that I had Cell 1 for a day and had no signal on URL but my buddies from Rochester and The Cities did. Needless to say I called from the lake and cancelled.

I am up in Bemidji fairly often and have an ATT cell phone and have good service in the area..

Thanks!