Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dale Rueber

Auger question

5 posts in this topic

Currently I only have a 6" hand auger and I'm looking to upgrade. I have been looking at the electric augers because then I don't have to mess with gas.

Does anybody have or used a Strikemaster Electra Laser (ELL-8) or a similar auger? Would I be better off with a gas auger?

I wrote the manufacturer and they said the ELL-8 would drill 20-28 holes in 2' of ice on a single charge. For my use that sounds more than sufficient.

I've got an 8" lazer hand auger...I personally would also like to go the electric route. I usually hand drill about half a dozen holes, before camping on a spot that I drill about three or four holes more. So, usually about shy of a dozen holes.

i currently have a lazer 8" hand auger a 6"regular hand auger and a gas 8" stikemaster auger. the gas is the way to go. i know people who have owned the electric and it takes for ever to drill a hole and you have to either drag the battery or drive to your honey hole.

I have a problem with my auger and just woundering if anyone can help? I have a 8" strikemaster gas auger and it dosent cut ice to save my life!! I have bought 3 new sets of blades and even tried resharpend blades and it still wont cut. ive put two new power points on it and nothing. i think the pitch of the blades are off. Anyone know how to fix that problem?

Have you tried using the serated blades that they make for them?Its kind of like a chipper style,Ive had them on mine for some time and they cut great.You may want to take your auger shaft In and see if there is a problem with it.I recently took my Strikemaster to a place in NewBrighten called D rock.They are a Strikemaster dealer and can probably help you out.Hope this helps............