Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andrew chadwick

laker outfit.

5 posts in this topic

I need to pick up some stuff for lakers. the problem is I forgot just about every thing that was told to me at the fish lake.

mostly, what length rod- i assume longer for outside, short for inside?

lures- size, type, color?

line- 12 lb mono- 15-30 lb power pro?

flouro leaders? I have heard yes and no.

how much line do I need on my tip ups?

thanks for the help. Instead of posting this in the B-side bash forum i figured Id make a new thread to keep things more organized.

There is a string from last year thats tells you in detail, everything you want to know. Tried to do a search just now, but the search isn't working tonight. Try searching in the morning and you will find everything you need to know.

The forum is in the middle of being upgraded and some functions are temporarily out of order. The search feature is one of them. I stuck the Laker Gear and Tactics thread on top.

Thanks Tom.

I've made a lot of my rods so it was hard to give a definite description as to the action and weight on a laker rod

Being in deeper water that creates line drag and heavier lures, I don't want any mush from the rod on my lifts. I'm very picky that way. I also want a rod that'll load up nicely along with sensitivity.

I picked up a Jason Mitchell 36" Makinaw medium heavy in spiral wrap this fall. I'll be using a C3 or a Penn 920 levelwind on that rod. They do offer that rod in a spinning series as well. Of coarse you won't need the spiral wrap then. I think this rod will do what I want, can't wait to break it in.